While it is true that you can prepare your trust document all by yourself, there are situations when it makes sense to ask for help from a living trust attorney, Poway, to craft it. Doing so will save you time and money.
You consider using an attorney when:
- You will owe estate tax – If you have an estate larger than $11.7 million, which is the current limit for the federal estate tax exemption, then working with a living trust attorney, Poway, can be more practical. It helps ensure that you take the best plan of action to minimize the taxes your estate will owe.
- One or more of your beneficiaries has special needs – In this situation, preparing your living trust can become more complex; you will need specific types of trusts to address their needs.
- You are not sure what type of assets to put in your trust and what to put in your will – As both have their advantages and disadvantages, you need to ensure that you are fully aware of which assets to put in each. With the help of a living trust attorney, you can rest assured with your decision, having the options fully-explained to you by your lawyer.
- Your trust contains conditions – Including conditions on living trusts, such as controlling when and how it distributes the assets, is not unique. For instance, you might want to specify that your grandchildren need to graduate from college first before they can get their inheritance.
- You have a large amount of life insurance – Remember that life insurance is subject to estate tax. However, your living trust attorney can help set up a special trust that can keep the funds from being hit by the estate tax.
- You need help in assets transfer – If you are not sure how to transfer your assets legally into the trust, a living trust attorney can help you make the process a lot easier – and do it in the right way.
Online looking for a reputable living trust attorney, Poway? Contact us today at (858) 558-1191.