An elder law attorney in San Diego can handle many legal issues concerning older or disabled individuals. From healthcare to guardianship, from long-term care to retirement, and more.
To help ensure that you or your loved ones still live life the way you want it to be in the future, it makes sense to work with a highly qualified elder law attorney in San Diego. A legal expert on your side can walk you through the process of eldercare as part of your estate planning.
Here are two crucial questions to ask (and their answers) if hiring an elder law attorney is in your plan:
#1: How can an elderly law attorney help me?
- Educates you on the importance of establishing wills and estate plans, including planning for a minor or an adult needing special attention or care, probate, among others;
- Helps you with healthcare and planning, which includes: Medicare, healthcare power of attorney, patient rights, and other pertinent items;
- Guides you in establishing a durable power of attorney;
- Financial planning and representation;
- Educates you about nursing home resident rights;
- Works with you with the selection and appointment of a legal guardian
#2: What questions should I ask my prospective elder law attorney?
While there are plenty of elder law attorneys who specialize in this area of legal expertise, there are still who don’t. Thus, it is crucial to do your homework. Review and take note of relevant questions. When you come prepared, you can ask the right questions, which helps increase your chances of hiring an attorney who is a proven expert in elder law.
Consider the following questions:
- How long have you been practicing law?
- What percentage of your time is devoted to elder law?
- Do you have a particular emphasis on an area within elder law?
- What information should I prepare for our first meeting?
- How are your fees computed?
Online looking for a reputable elder law attorney in San Diego? Contact the Law Offices of Ronald Webb today at (858) 558-1191.